Drying Dishes Dilemma: Wall Rack?

I've been searching high and low for products or ideas on creating a dish drying rack that I can mount on the wall to ease up on our much needed counter space in what our friend called our "french-style kitchen".


French or not, I would love to get my hands on this drying cupboard from Ikea's Italian store. Although I'm not sure if an actual cabinet could be installed near the sink in our kitchen...


I love the look of these racks, but at $175 plus shipping can be overly pricey :(


If a cupboard right above the sink was permissable, this would be the ideal. Of all the images I could find, this drainer seems to line up perfectly with the sink so it would seem any excess water from wet dishes could drop right in to the sink. Wonderful!


This photo makes the idea seem so simple and beautiful!

I was able to locate this rack used for built-ins from Buller Limited in the United Kingdom. They seem to be selling for around £14.74 (not sure about shipping to the U.S. though).


I guess if you already had a cupboard above the sink, you could set up a rack like this to at least get the dish drainer off the counter top.

Here are some more inspirational images for this "wall mounted dish drainer" phenomenon.

designed by Kevin Mark Low

via: HGTV makeover


And some simple diy ideas using a traditional dish drainer. This one is mounted right to the wall.


This dish drainer has been added to, but once again just attached directly to the wall.


2 Response to Drying Dishes Dilemma: Wall Rack?

April 1, 2009 at 1:28 PM

I'm so going to use your site as a resource when we have to start thinking about furniture for our new place.

Mandy
January 20, 2011 at 9:53 PM

LOVE! LOVE LOVE!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Thanks for Visiting!

- Macy

Copyright © 2009 Making Macy All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes