My Daily Cookbook: Bananas and Lunches

I've been struggling the last few months to come up with original content for this blog (at times I feel like I'm just spitting up the same posts as other blogs I follow) but I'm really going to try to make this blog more personal and let you in on what I am up to.

To start, I have decided to share with you some recipes I use throughout the week. Within the last year I have become a cookbook and recipe addict and go grocery shopping with recipes in hand. We've been pretty good at putting together a dinner menu for the week and then purchasing our groceries for that menu (this is such a money saver because you don't purchase food that doesn't get used before it goes bad). I hope you enjoy the recipes I share!

Today's recipes are for Streusel-topped Banana Bread and Shrimp Pasta Salad.

We had a few bananas go ripe extra early on us so I was saving them in the fridge to use for banana bread. I turned this recipe into banana muffins instead so the hubby could grab one on his way to work in the morning. The recipe comes from a family cookbook my aunt made me as a wedding gift.

click on the image to enlarge

I have been trying to be a good "housewife" and prep lunches for my husband to take with him to work. Today I prepped ahead of my normal schedule and made this scrumptious pasta salad that was published in Martha Stewart's Everyday Food.

click on the image to enlarge

We didn't have mayo for this recipe so I substituted it with Miracle Whip- it gave it a nice zingy flavor.

No Response to "My Daily Cookbook: Bananas and Lunches"

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Thanks for Visiting!

- Macy

Copyright © 2009 Making Macy All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes