My Photo Dreams: The Olympus Pen E-P1


I have been wanting waiting to get a dslr for some time. My point and shoot is too automatic and doesn't work well with manual settings. I really want to get more hands on with my photos and teach myself the in's and out's of a digital camera. This is the baby I am currently wanting. Its small in size, so I am more likely to pack it around for everyday photos so I learn how to use it, but its also packed with some great dslr qualities. Anyone ever used this camera?

I have also found some fun accessories for my future Olympus Pen E-P1.

Olympus FL-14 Flash

 

LEATHER CASE BAG FOR OLYMPUS E-P1

 

 Digital Concepts +1 +2 +4 +10 Close-Up Macro Filter Set

 

 

 JnK- half case

 

SGP Skin Guard

 

JnK- PEN Leather Skin

 

BTW: JnK Handworks makes some beautiful skin wraps for this camera.


2 Response to My Photo Dreams: The Olympus Pen E-P1

March 16, 2010 at 11:15 AM

I have the E-P1, and I really do love it. It's very portable and not imposing-looking, which was a huge plus for me. I love that it looks so retro.

I haven't really worked with a DSLR, so I have only the point-and-shoot experience to compare the E-P1 to, but I think it's a nice little camera. I've been surprised how much I can shoot without the flash, but having the flash is quite nice, too.

I ended up taking a DSLR class at a local photo center to really learn how to use the camera. That's been really helpful as I move from point-and-shoot to the E-P1.

The autofocus is a bit slow, and I can tell, but I'm not a professional who needs to split hairs on issues like this. I'd much rather have a capable, sexy camera than one that does everything perfectly but looks like a big black box. :)

I would echo what I've heard from others, which is that you want to stay below 800 ISO on this camera, otherwise the graininess (noise) is really pronounced.

One more thing: I love that white case, too, but I realized when I was shopping for cases that it only fits the 17mm pancake lens. There are other cute ones that are affordable on eBay (always shipping from Asia...), too.

Hope you enjoy it!

March 17, 2010 at 3:23 PM

Thanks, Katrinavh!

I guess its obvious that the case would only fit the standard 17mm lens. Very good point though. If you changed your lens, you would need a different case for the entire camera. I will keep that in mind when I finally get mine (oh, so jealous of yours)!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Thanks for Visiting!

- Macy

Copyright © 2009 Making Macy All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes