Day Four: Rain, Rain, Go Away

Today is a rainy day, which is no good. Especially since it is a birthday for my MIL!
We get to wine and dine her tonight so I made sure to dress up for work so I can be ready to hit the town as soon as I clock out.


Hubby took the day off to spend the afternoon with his momma and I'm wishing I could be strolling NOMA with them this afternoon.



Long sleeve shirt: Target (here)
Tank Top: TJ Maxx (similar here)
Blazer: Thrifted (similar here and here)
Pants: Zinc (similar here and here)
Boots: Frye booties (similar here)
Belt: Kmart (similar here)
Necklace: Claire's (similar here)

Classic Blazer | Everybody, Everywear

12 Response to Day Four: Rain, Rain, Go Away

February 4, 2011 at 4:03 PM

Love how you layered the long sleeved shirt and the blousy tank. Very pretty.


creambyginger.blogspot.com

February 4, 2011 at 9:47 PM

love the color combo! it rocks!

www.mycheapweddingshoes.blogspot.com

February 5, 2011 at 12:11 PM

Very classy. I love slacks. I miss slacks. Now I'm mostly a jeans mom ;)

February 5, 2011 at 1:42 PM

You are just adorable!! I love the blouse!

February 6, 2011 at 12:10 PM

I'm really loving the look of slouchy dress pants! I love that your top is slouchy too, but you put the structured jacket on top!

Be Sure To Enter My Exposed Envy Giveaway!

February 6, 2011 at 11:59 PM

I love your top!!! so feminine and yet the structured blazer gives you a "I'm a woman with power" look. Which is always a great thing. I'm gonna have to check TJ Maxx out as I always seem to have a hard time finding business-casual tops that can be dressed up or down.

-Monica

PS LOVE your link list of cooking sites. Definitely coming back to check those out and your 30X30

February 7, 2011 at 12:03 AM

I Think my comment didn't make it, stupid computer... Anyway:

I love your top! It truly gives you a feminine look and yet the structured blazer commands attention, a very well-put together "I'm a woman with power" look. I'll have to check TJ Maxx for more tops like that one, I can never find some that are business casual but can be dressed up or down accordingly.

-Monica

PS LOVE that Recipe/Cooking sites on the side... Coming back to check those out and the rest of your 30X30!

February 8, 2011 at 7:17 PM

I like this loose look with the structure blazer. Great take on the blazer look.

The Auspicious Life

February 8, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Love that outfit. Those pants are stunnig !!!
http://a-pretty-nest.blogspot.com/

February 9, 2011 at 2:01 AM

love the colour combination. Very chic

Daisy Dayz Home
Cross-Jones-Photography Home

February 9, 2011 at 6:26 AM

Love how you worked your blazer - i'll definitely be coming back to see the rest of your 30 for 30!

February 10, 2011 at 7:50 AM

this one is the cutest!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Thanks for Visiting!

- Macy

Copyright © 2009 Making Macy All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes