Day Two: I Spy

When searching through my wardrobe and trying to piece together clothing items that I could live in for 30 days, I came across this men's vest that I had tailored years ago to fit my more ladylike womanly shape. I decided to throw the vest into the mix and this is my first take on my "menswear" look.



 Yes, these are spirit fingers! :)

Shirt: Kmart (similar here and here)
Vest: Thrifted (similar here)
Pants: Gap (similar here)
Shoes: Rocket Dog Brisk Ballerina (see here and here)
Necklace: DIY (read about here)

8 Response to Day Two: I Spy

February 2, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Love the way you styled the vest with the frilly shirt and trousers. Cannot wait to see how you are going to remix it. Love your blog!

February 2, 2011 at 8:59 PM

I stumbled on your blog from flickr, and this outfit caught my eye immediately. I love the way you styled the vest and made it more feminine with the bow and the detailed blouse! Now I need to get a vest so I can copy this look -- love it!

February 2, 2011 at 9:35 PM

I agree, your vest is so cute! Great style!!!

February 3, 2011 at 8:24 AM

Love the menswear look on you! You totally rock it!

mk
February 7, 2011 at 2:09 PM

i love the vest, you wear it so well! i think i want to get one now once this challenge is over ... :) thanks for the inspiration!!

www.yogaandpencilskirts.blogspot.com

February 7, 2011 at 4:04 PM

Thanks for the compliments on my vest!

I thrifted this vest from the men's department. Once I got it home I put it on inside out and pinned it to fit my female curves, then sewed up the sides. I love this vest because it has a little buckle in the back.

February 9, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Yup, this look is totally great. I can't get enough of a good vest, and I love your ruffley shirt. Definitely jealous of the shirt. And that necklace! This is the perfect feminine menswear interpretation. Love love love.
http://dailymeeps.blogspot.com/

February 9, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Bah! And I just realized the necklace is homemade. Lady-crush complete.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Thanks for Visiting!

- Macy

Copyright © 2009 Making Macy All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes