Thirsty Thursday: Homemade Lemonade

This past week I purchased a bag of lemons from the grocery store - I blame my thirst for lemonade while grocery shopping.
So of course when I got home, I had to figure out how I was going to turn those lemons into lemonade. 

This is what I determined it needed:

1) Bag of Lemons
2) Sparkling Mineral Water
3) Sugar
4) Mint
5) Ice

I chose to use sparkling mineral water because I love a good fizzy drink. I threw in the mint because our plant is overgrown and I'm trying to get some good use out of it :)
As for the amount of sugar, this depends on how sweet you like your lemonade. I thought I'd want my really sweet, but I found that I like real lemonade with just a small amount of sugar.


 We don't own a juicer so I just sliced an "X" on the top half of each lemon and squeezed the juice out by hand. These little lemons held a LOT of juice!

 I decided to cool off our lemonade by pulling out our Magic Bullet to chop up the ice with the fresh lemon juice to make a lemon slush mixture.

From there, I added extra ice and lemon slices, muddled some mint leaves with sugar and the lemon slush, then added the sparkling mineral water. I gave it a good stir to get the sugar mixed in nicely (I think next time I'll heat up the sugar to create a simple syrup to add instead.)

There you have it, my version of homemade lemonade. Thirst quenching!

No Response to "Thirsty Thursday: Homemade Lemonade"

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Thanks for Visiting!

- Macy

Copyright © 2009 Making Macy All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes